Armed Security Officer
Positions: Full-Time and Part-Time
Shifts: All (24/7)
Location: Berks County, PA.
Salary: $18.00 – $21.00 hourly.
Benefits: Uniforms and Duty Equipment Supplied. Health Insurance and Paid Vacation for full-time only.
The Armed Security Officer’s primary responsibility is to provide a high visibility threat deterrent presence within assigned facilities. The purpose is to maintain a safe environment by protecting the organization’s visitors, employees and property against any active or perceived threats. The threats include but are not limited to an Active Shooter incident or person(s) engaged in a threatening action towards another which presents a substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Patrol assigned area to ensure the safety and well-being of visitors and employees.
- Respond to emergencies, disturbances, undesired conduct, and threats to life and property.
- Remain vigilant for suspicious activity or emergency situations occurring at the premises. Respond taking action as appropriate and immediately report incidents.
- Adhere to assigned schedule by reporting to work on time and remaining on post until relieved at end of shift.
- Maintain a professional appearance being properly groomed and attired only in issued uniform and equipment.
- Treat everyone in a courteous fashion arranging for requested assistance as appropriate.
- Maintain confidentiality in the organizational environment as required.
- Use verbal de-escalation techniques learned during provided training when encountering aggressive or uncooperative individuals.
- Employ Use of Force only as last resort in accordance with PA. Title 18, Chapter 5, General Principles of Justification and PA. Act 235, Lethal Weapons Training Act, when justified in self-defense or to protect others from the risk of death or serious bodily injury.
- Write security reports as may be required.
- Perform any duties and responsibilities that are within the scope of employment, as assigned by a supervisor.
The preferred candidate:
- Must have a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Has position related specialized training.
- Should have 3 years of experience as an armed security officer, law enforcement officer or relevant military service.
- Must have a clean criminal history.
- Must have and maintain a valid Pennsylvania driver’s license with a clean driver record.
- Pass pre-employment drug screening.
- Should have excellent integrity and demonstrate good moral character and initiative.
- Should exhibit a personality that demonstrates interpersonal skills to relate well with coworkers as well as the organization’s visitors and employees.
- Must demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing, using proper grammar and vocabulary.
The preferred candidate should possess or be willing to obtain the following certifications:
- Pennsylvania Act 235 (Lethal Weapons Training Act).
- Use of Force Training (PA. Title 18, Chapter 5).
- Annual Firearms Qualification (Police Type Course).
- CPR and AED.
- Practical and Tactical Handcuffing (PATH).
- Oleoresin Capsicum Aerosol Training (OCAT).
The preferred candidate must be able to meet the following physical requirements:
- Pass physical agility testing (300 Meter Run, 1.5 Mile Run, Push-Ups, etc.)
- Pass standardized medical and psychological evaluations.
- Be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time while patrolling the assigned area.
- Be able to climb stairs and run as necessary.
- Have vision and hearing correctable to a normal level.
- Exposure to a variety of weather conditions.
EOE M/F To apply please by visit our employment page to begin the application process.