Screening Security Officer
Positions: Full-Time and Part-Time
Shifts: All (24/7)
Location: Berks County, PA.
Salary: $13.00 – $15.00 hourly.
Benefits: Uniforms and Duty Equipment Supplied. Health Insurance and Paid Vacation for full-time only.
The Screening Officer’s primary responsibility is to ensure that all persons entering one of the assigned organization’s public entrances are present for a legitimate purpose and are then directed accordingly. The purpose is to maintain a safe environment by helping to prevent the entry of persons who may be a threat to the organization. The Screening Officer will greet visitors and staff cordially, directing visitors to a lobby desk for appropriate registration. Screening Officers will ensure that individuals identifying as employees and contractors display the appropriate identification.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
The Screening Officer shall:
- Monitor assigned facility entrance to ensure the safety and well-being of visitors and employees.
- Ensure that entrants identifying as employees and contractors are displaying the appropriate identification badge.
- Ensure that visitors are directed to a lobby desk for appropriate direction and registration.
- Maintain smooth flow of entry traffic while ensuring safety and security is not compromised.
- Ensure assigned entrance is not left unattended and remain on post until properly relieved.
- Remain vigilant for suspicious activity or emergency situations occurring within or without the assigned entrance. Immediately report these incidents. Screening officers shall not leave their assigned entrance unattended to respond to these situations unless the exigency of the situation demands immediate action to ensure life safety.
- Adhere to assigned schedule by reporting to work on time and remaining on post until relieved at end of shift.
- Maintain a professional appearance being properly groomed and attired only in issued uniform and equipment.
- Treat everyone in a courteous fashion arranging for requested assistance as appropriate.
- Maintain confidentiality in the organizational environment as required.
- Use verbal de-escalation techniques learned during provided training when encountering aggressive or uncooperative individuals.
- Use handcuffs or pepper spray only as a last resort when there are no other options, in accordance with PATH and OCAT training, when justified in self-defense or to protect others from serious bodily injury.
- Write security reports as may be required.
- Perform any duties and responsibilities that are within the scope of employment, as assigned by a supervisor.
The preferred candidate:
- Must have a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Has position related specialized training.
- Should have 2 years of experience as a security officer, law enforcement officer or relevant military service.
- Must have a clean criminal history.
- Must have and maintain a valid Pennsylvania driver’s license with a clean driver record.
- Pass pre-employment drug screening.
- Should have excellent integrity and demonstrate good moral character and initiative.
- Should exhibit a personality that demonstrates interpersonal skills to relate well with coworkers as well as the organization’s visitors and employees.
- Must demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing, using proper grammar and vocabulary.
The preferred candidate should possess or be willing to obtain the following certifications:
- CPR and AED.
- Practical and Tactical Handcuffing (PATH).
- Oleoresin Capsicum Aerosol Training (OCAT).
The preferred candidate must be able to meet the following physical requirements:
- Be able to stand for extended periods of time while staffing assigned entrance.
- Have vision and hearing correctable to a normal level.
- Exposure to a variety of weather conditions.
EOE M/F To apply please by visit our employment page to begin the application process.